State #21: Maryland
The 2016 racing year ended in Baltimore Maryland. This race was apart of the 13.1 racing series. This was the inaugural race for Baltimore in the series.
There were less than 2,000 runners total for the half, 10k and 5k.
Canton Waterfront Park
Saturday Dec. 3rd, 2016
I realized that I hadn't been to Baltimore in over 20 years. The city still looked the same as I remembered it. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Some Race Highlights:
1. Ended the year with a PR( personal record) 1:57:19
2. For the first 2 miles I was clocking in a 10 minute mile pace. It was so packed with people and the streets, at the beginning were so narrow. I was pissed but I don't do 10mins. :)
3. I walked from my hotel to the start of the race. As I was walking to the race start, I was walking along the race route. I got to experience it 3 times. After I finished and I waswalking back to my hotel, people were still running. At least I could cheer them on and let them know how far they have to go
4. Got a bit pissy when people told me " your almost there". 6 miles away isn't your almost there
5. And of course mile 6/7 there had to be an include. This race was an out and back race. I prefer a running loop. In otherwords, I don't want to see things again that I passed. That's me
6. Because its Baltimore, this was a racially diverse running crowd.
7. I saw a guy with a 2:00 pacer sign. I kept my eye on him. Then I had to pass him because he was going too slow. I knew I would finish this year in under 2 hours.
8. The last 2 and a half miles I cursed. We did a zig-zag back and forth along the weather. It wouldn't stop. So annoying and threw my rhythm-off
9.The highlight was Panera goodies at the end. I was all over that hard.
10. Running tour along downtown and the inner harbor. Good way to end the year and the race was on a Saturday..Whoo Whoo
Click on pictures to see more