State #4: New Hampshire
State #4: New Hampshire Monadnock half and 5k; Rindge, New Hampshire.at Franklin Pierce University .
August 9, 2015
Finished Time: 2:10:27:4. 249 people overall. Placed 92 out of 178 half runners.
- Driving up to this part of New Hampshire I saw a nice big confederate flag on a porch.
- I realized that I was the only black woman running. This was the first time I had experience this. No one but me. I saw one black man and two young Asian woman running but that was it. Odd feeling.
- Because I like to get to my races early, I was the first person to use the untouched porta potty. I was overly excited and happy.
- I never cursed so much in my life. MOTHER FREAKIN HILLS. It wouldn’t stop. These Bitches were steep. I hated this race.
- We ran on dirt roads, through the woods, and did I mention hills.
- This was the first time that I fell. It was on the dirt/gravel path in the woods. It threw me for a bit butI got up and continued.
- The people that cheered us on was the Franklin Pierce track team. It was a quick race, besides my music and cursing.
- Wasn’t my best time. Didn’t care, I finished that damn race, and I will not be back. Thank you Jesus!