State #14: Kentucky
State #14 Kentucky; Kentucky Derby Marathon and Mini Marathon; Louisville, Kentucky
April 30, 2016 Birthday Run!!!! Birthday Run
Overall Participates: 12,314. Participates for half 10,438 Finished Time: 1: 59:28. Overall Placed 2384Females 821
- First time running a state on my birthday
- Over 12,000 of my friends came to celebrate with me.
- I ran too fast 7:35 min mile to get away from the people...that lasted for 2 miles.
- First truly urban race...no back roads...all city...all day.
- Mile 8 we ran into Churchill Downs. it was amazing. Plus the horses were running. My ass was trying to take a picture of this magical moment...epic fail.
- Mile 7 it started to rain and by 10 it poured down hard. Trying to watch for puddles and cracks
- Freaking tall man's damn long arms kept swinging by my face. Clearly I'm short.
- Thought there would be more racial diversity running. ..well I was wrong on that note. I could count on 2 hands...twice over
- Crowd was interesting. ..they were there but kinda quiet at sections.
- I ran with a flower on me...first time ever because this is how I break in 42 with state #14.
- Can't believe there was no Bourbon at the finish line...really?
- I didn't PR but still under 2 hrs.
- First time in Louisville but was running in the Chenault homestead state
- There is a different kind of Southerners here ..too much to go into detail.
- Loved being virtually tracked by family and friends. Felt like everyone was with me.
- Enjoyed being further South on the Ohio River.
- Dad came with me and we got to explore Louisville, Churchill Downs, University of Louisville and go to the Muhammad Ali Museum. I had no idea about what a trail blazer Ali was.
- Ran into a couple of my sorors, black girl run sisters, and Black Men run. We were small but a great supportive group.
- To end the race with the pouring rain, I couldn’t find my dad. His phone had died and we didn’t come up with a proper meet up plan. For 45 minutes I was a bit panic. I found him in the rain. We went off to hotel for a shower then to the airport. I had a flight to catch and a party to go to in Boston.