State #25 Nevada
Downtown River Run, Reno Nevada; April 30, 2017
My overall place 102; Time: 2:03:44; Placed 7th for Age and Gender
Start time was 8:15am which killed me. I do like a 7am start time.
1. This race was extra, extra special. First of all this was the half way state, which marks a huge milestone on this journey. Secondly, to add to the richness of this, today is my actual birthday day. Today is the second state that I ran on my birthday.
2. 43rd state = my 25TH STATE
3. Overly excited that my two cousins were running in their first 5k race on my birthday/race day.
4. Very nature kind of race. Always straight ahead of me as Iran, the Sierra Mountains and to my left was the Truckee River.
5. We went from downtown Reno, to the suburbs, highway, and through a park. There was not a lot of miles spent running through downtown Reno. It is a big little town.
6. We ran over some crazy bridges.
7. When the sun came out, it came out and it got hot on me. I need to start preparing better for these warm weather races, ugh.
8. There were not a lot, hardly any folks cheering up along the route.
9. At least with the half, I saw 2 other black women and one black man running the race.
10. There were over 1,150 people who ran in all the races (Marathon, Marathon Rely, Half, 10k, 5k) only 295 people who ran the half.
11. The terrain changed and even though there were no hills, there was a high elevation and I got tired fast.
12. Also, since I was hanging with my family we were doing a lot of exploring and drinking several days before.