State #2 Connecticut
State #2 Connecticut : Faxon Law Fairfield Half, Fairfield, Connecticut
June 28, 2015.
Placed 1482 out of 2933 people. Finishing Time: 2:01:59. Placed 75 in 40-44 Division Female.
- Unbeknown to me when I signed up, this race is ranked in the top 25 halfs…who knew. I was just trying to find a race in New England to run in June.
- This was the first time I had to spend money to get a hotel room. The race started at 8:15am from Boston to Jenning Beach it is a 2 hour and 41 minute drive. I couldn’t justify getting up at the crack of dawn, driving and running. The overnight was my best option.
- This was the most racially diverse group of runners I had seen to date. I was taken back. I guess because of the popularity of this race plus being so close to New York and Jersey might explain for the diversity.
- First time I saw a large group of Asian and Asian American runners.
- As I was taking in the people before the race, I saw two women who clearly looked as if they suffered from anorexia. They were straight bones as their clothes sagged off of them. They were painful to look at. Plus I saw so many short women running. I was in good company.
- Clearly I ran in the neighborhood of the top 5%. When you have a huge art sculpture on your manicured front yard like the rest of your neighborhoods, you know it's not your “regular “ neighborhood.
- On this route, people cheered and there was music. Very different from race #1.
- The hills again…again around 8th/9th mile. Is this a thing? Damn.
- Wanted to partake in the after race party but I had to rush to the hotel, shower, checkout, and drive back to Boston. Exhausted.